Friday 14 June 2013

Sorry, but you don't look like a 'classy lady'...

I have a firm belief that my cynicism of the world in general, coupled with my, at times, out-of-control imagination, provide me with the capacity to come up with scenarios about our society which sit happily on that thin line between 'bizarre but believeable' and 'never-in-a-month-of-Sundays'.
However, more often than not, reality is able to trump my efforts with a story that has you shaking your head in utter bewilderment.

Man calls Solihull police to complain about prostitute's looks

To be honest, after reading it, I'm not sure what more I can add...
Nope, nothing comes to mind that your own imaginations won't already have come up with as you read the article...and I'm not going to get into any sort of debate about prostitution, about what sort of society we must be living in that results in women having to prostitute themselves, or about the sort of men who get involved with prostitutes, worthy and necessary though it is to have such debates. Just not here and not now.
Instead, I prefer to just to sit in quiet amusement for a while...

...before being left with this final question:
If the man had actually been satisfied with the prostitute's looks and subsequently engaged in coitus, but found that experience to be less satisfying than he had expected/been led to believe it would be, would he have rung 999 and complained about that?

No comments:

Post a Comment