Friday 12 July 2013

3,525,765,640

Apparently, when I was born, I was the 3,525,765,640th person on the planet.
Given that the planet now has just over 7 billion people living on it, that places my good self in the curious position of having seen the population almost exactly double during my lifetime.
A quite scary thought, though not, I guess, quite as scary as the realisation that it will probably double again in 20 years or so, rather than the 45 it took since yours truly popped into existence.
It also appears (according to this BBC website):
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-15391515
that I am the 77,560,097,272nd person ever to have lived, which actually means fuck-all to me as a statistic.
So can our planet cope with an exponentially increasing population...actually, I'm not going to get into that debate right now because I've just noticed that this same website has told me that my life expectancy is 77.4 years, which only gives me another 32 years...
Time, instead, to start the bucket list!



No comments:

Post a Comment