Tuesday 27 August 2013

Hello, did you miss me...?

I know what you're thinking - there have been so few posts in recent weeks, you're wondering if things have gone a little quiet in Andy's Universe.
Oh contraire.
It's the fact that so much has been going on in my universe that I've had so little opportunity to share it all with you fabulous people (and alien life-forms, if any happen to have taken to following my blog).
So, three short snippets today - sport, writing, and international politics.

Sport - at the risk of upsetting any blog-followers down-under, it was very satisfying to watch Michael Clarke desperately trying to convince the umpires at the Oval to go off for bad light in the full knowledge that he was just about to suffer the humiliation of becoming the first Aussie captain to lose an Ashes series 4-0...and this after the day had started with the odds of an England victory at 100-1. A definite momentum switch back to England ahead of the series in Oz, methinks.

Writing - so little time to blog because so much time spent writing and creating. Finished the first draft of 'It's A Dog's Life' and awaiting feedback from the kind souls who have offered to proof-read and critique. Personally, I think it is pretty damn good, but I would, wouldn't I. Also wrote a piece of flash fiction this week that I now need to type up and, perhaps most importantly, I think I've hit upon a really cool concept for a potential series of books - watch this space.

International politics - yes, I know that what has been going on in Syria is truly awful and, yes, I know that the use of chemical weapons is abhorrent, but I do worry when I hear William Hague suggest that the UK may take unilateral military action in Syria. Since when did we become the world's conscience? Why do we have to be the ones to take action?
No, Billy Boy, this is a job for the UN Security Council - unless there is a resolution from them (which is unlikely given the not-unreasonable Russian stance of finding out exactly who it was who used the chemical weapons in the first place, because, let's face it, either side is capable) we shouldn't be doing anything.

Hope to be able to do a bit more blogging in the days and weeks ahead - I'm sure this crazy world of ours will not be without a thing or two to comment on!

No comments:

Post a Comment