Saturday 27 December 2014

Okay 2015 - Bring It On!

I did write a draft blog entitled 'Goodbye 2014...and good riddance' in which I went on a bit of a rant about how abominably shitty 2014 has generally been for the reasons those who have been regular followers of this blog will be all too aware.
But I've decided not to post that because I'm determined that the dark times of the year that is thankfully drawing to a close will in no way cast a shadow on the countless fantastic possibilities of the year ahead.
2014 was crap. There's no denying it. But there's also nothing I can do about it, so let's just box it up, put it in the garage, and turn our attention instead to the year that will soon be upon us.

I've set myself a number of objectives for 2015 (because I'm that sort of guy) and I'd like to take the opportunity to share them with all you fabulous people out there in Blogland...and I've added some pictures to provide a bit of visualisation of said objectives!
So here goes...

Writing

1. To have 'Red Plus Zone' available in print form both on the internet and in bookshops, and to achieve at least 250 sales (and yes, you can all help with that one!).
2. To complete 'Deus Magnus' and 'The Curious Case of God vs. Pratt' and get both of them published.
3. To get 'Callum's Quest - An Adventure in the Great Land of Rhyme' published.

Walking

4. To climb the remaining 29 Lakeland Fells that I have yet to conquer and in so doing complete the set of 214 Wainwrights (and get a badge to prove it!)
4a. And maybe bag a Munro or two...

Reading


5. To read at least 15 of the SF Masterworks books (I've got 22 on my bookshelf to choose from!).

Fruit

6. To eat one piece of fruit a day (it's all about staying healthy...)

And oh yes, there'll probably need to be something about my new business earning enough money to make all of the above possible...

So, best foot forward and all that.

Oh, by the way - I hope everyone who's been kind enough to show interest in my inane ramblings over the last twelve months has themselves a fantastic 2015!




No comments:

Post a Comment