Monday 29 July 2013

My Favourite Films of All Time - for Real!!

Well, seeing as yesterday's supposedly cunning ruse on my part to get blog-readers to view my book's videoblurb resulted in a grand total of 'zero' additional views, it is evident that you fabulous people will not be fooled by such cheap gimmicks and that you are not to be trifled with...and quite right too!
So, here is the real post relating to favourite films:

The other day, I watched The Dark Knight Rises, and thoroughly enjoyed it.
However, it didn't make it into my all-time Top Five - these are the films that I have watched, and will continue to watch, time and time again because they are, for me, simply brilliant.


Now you may disagree with my choices (I sense many people bristling at the presence of Notting Hill at the end there), and that is your prerogative - where, I hear people cry, is The Godfather? Where is Battleship Potemkin? Where is The Shawshank Redemption?
Well, they're not here, so deal with it. Okay, I accept that all of those are great films, but they're not the films that I would turn to when I need to watch something I know for certain I'll enjoy. That's just the way it is.

Feel free to comment, though - I'd love the opportunity to have a go at your choices!!

No comments:

Post a Comment