Friday 4 April 2014

SoRaMA

Yesterday I had the somewhat disappointing news that the literary agent who was interested in my latest soon-to-be-blockbuster 'Fractured Time' had decided not to take their interest any further (cue sound of a balloon slowly deflating).
This, understandably, left me very low.
But, today is another day and, though I am downhearted, I am by no means defeated. I still believe that I'm writing damn good stuff and that it is only a matter of time before an agent or a publisher looks at what I'm producing and thinks to themselves: 'My God, this guy is some sort of literary genius. I'd better offer him a seven figure sum before someone else snaffles him up and I'm left dreaming about what might have been, with nothing to show for it except a 'one-that-got-away' story I can recount at future dinner parties.'
To emphasise my confidence in what I'm writing, I am circulating one of my short stories, SoRaMA, totally free-of-charge, to those who have a Kindle (other e-Readers are available..apparently).
Just download it from Dropbox to your computer, copy it onto your Kindle and then enjoy.
Feedback is welcome, so long as it is incredibly positive and includes one of the following words or phrases:

  • Awesome
  • Inspired
  • Visionary
  • Pineapple

Just follow the link below:
SoRaMA for Kindle via Dropbox

6 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear this. I, too, am waiting to hear from an "interested" agent. As time drags on, my hope sags. Sorry I don't have a Kindle to read the story, but if it is anything like the "before someone else snaffles him up" sentence, I'm sure it's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ellen. Here's hoping that the feedback you get from your 'interested' agent is more positive. Fingers and other appendages crossed. With regards to SoRaMA, I can always make it available as a pdf if your interested in reading it.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Link added to most recent post, Ellen.
      Feedback welcome.

      Delete
  3. Hi, Andy
    I enjoyed the story. Is the SoRaMa part of your novel the agent was looking at? It's such a good premise. I did want to follow the two of them onto the SoRaMa and see what happened. BTW - the agent interested in my novel said the MS wasn't where she wanted it to be. But she did agree to my giving it another shot and resubmitting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ellen. Glad you enjoyed it. SoRaMA's not what the agent was looking at. That was a much longer effort called Fractured Time. I've still got my fingers crossed that, after the current set of revisions, it may tickle another agent's fancy. I really hope, once you've re-written what you're working on, it"s closer to what your agent is looking for. Good Luck!!

    ReplyDelete